Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Bestie & The Origin of Bananas

I could not be more excited...my bestie finally got into town!!! She was supposed to come in Tuesday but her flight got screwed up because of Edouard (the stupid tropical storm) so she ended up coming in today!!! We probably looked like idiots as we screeched and hugged each other and I think we squeezed each other so hard we might have broken bones...but it has been a long time coming!!! I am so looking forward to the next couple of weeks together!!!!


Now, to the bananas. The most interesting part. I was asked how I came up with jessica-bananas. Yes, I am bananas. But that's not how it came about. Before we left Dallas we went out with one of Adam's co-workers, Mike, & a bunch of other buddies to the Gayborhood. On that very special occassion I wore a denim mini skirt and a shirt with a picture of a bunch of bananas on it that read "Bananas." When we were at the bar, I ordered a Sprite (you know me, wild child!) and then a few seconds later the bartender came back to give me my drink and to get my attention he just called out, "Hey Bananas." And that's my story. Not very exciting, but an explanation. Here is my bananas shirt.


See, Bananas.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So when do the neighbors get to meet your bestie? And thanks, now I have "Holla Back Girl" stuck in my head. For this, I hope you get "Elmo Song" stuck in your head for 3 or 4 days. :)