Sunday, August 17, 2008

She is the Queen of Bitchy Letters...

...when people deserve it. But she is also the Queen of knowing exactly what to say and exactly what I need to hear to make me feel better. I am talking about my mother-in-law. I feel extremely blessed to have such a wonderful mother-in-law. There are times when we haven't seen eye to eye on everything and times that we've driven each other insane...or when we flat out didn't like each other (though that was also when Adam when I were broken up, but still). Any ways, she apparently reads my blog. Note to self: Don't bitch about mother-in-law on blog. ;-) Any ways, she read my post last night and this morning I woke up to this wonderful e-mail:

Precious Jessica-

I read your blog this morning and it made my heart ache and my eyes tear. I know and feel your hurt. Justin has been gone a very long time. He is at a different place in his life. You all may never be close again. Speaking from recent experience, you will always have a bond and through distance love still remains. When we have children our sense of family strengthens. We "get it." We want everyone we love to feel what we love. We want everyone we love to know the joy of family and our faith. We want them to want to be with us and celebrate just being together. Just love him for who he is. Pray for him that he may one day know the happiness you know. Pray for peace for yourself and soothing of the hurt you are feeling now. Be thankful for the time you have these few days to share with him for in the blink of an eye that opportunity can vanish. Continue being who you are and hopefully he too will some day "get it."

I love you so much. You are one of the most important people in my life. You are a fantabulous mother and wife. We are all works in progress and you are the most beautiful work I have ever seen. I thank God for you daily and always pray for you as I have since before you were born. I am humbled and honored to have you as my daughter, friend, wife to my son and mother to my grandson.

I love you-

Carol


*Love you too, Mom*

No comments: